First Picture Developed
Developed using Ilfotec DD-X on Kodak Tri-X 400 in a patterson tank – this is a strip of scanned film from the 12 of Cassius and Lola that I took and then on another Tri-X I took 12 of Cassius as my trial films for processing.
I have deliberately not tidied this up – as it shows the drying mark down the side, dust and sundry marks on the negatives that can be cleaned up with Photoshop.
Apart from putting the film onto the reel in a dark bag – the process isn’t that terrible to do and seems to work fairly well for first tries.
The next image is obviously the same as the one above – but cleaned up and levels improved to make it more contrasty using Photoshop. I think I like the original version as it has the imperfections of dust and drying marks on the negative and needed a little more developing to put more detail into the whites – but it is clean enough to sit happily as a decent image of Cassius and a good record of the start of my developing.