Skip to content

SFX Developed

So far I have run SFX film through a few cameras with increasing success as I changed it from running 4 stops slower to running 7 stops on a really bright day with the R72 filter.

Trying to emulate this success; I put it through the Kiev 60 again, using the R72 and metering the full 7 stops and making sure there was a powerful looking sky, plenty of green and bright sun.

I also developed this myself for the first time using Ilfotex DD-X for 10 mins at 20 degrees and 1:4 dilution and followed with a water stop.

The film itself is really easy to reel as it is so thick – I assume poly rather than acetate – and seemed to process well but the effect is minimal again. Also it processed with marked grain and the green really didn’t turn as white as I have achieved previously.

I think there is a sensitivity about this film that I am just not getting right yet and so will try again when the sun comes out again in Hong Kong.

Advertisements
Posted by simon on January 22, 2011

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Note: HTML is allowed. Your email address will never be published.

Comments Feed

%d bloggers like this: